Saturday, July 24, 2010

EARRINGS IN FULL BLOOM!

so...this months challenge over at sugar sweet paper treats is flowers and bling...hmmm....two things i'm not really known for!...lol...well...got out my freshly picked cricut cart and got to work on my card!...i so loved this gate image...and how perfect...it had some flowers on it!...but...there's a greenbean twist to it...those flowers are earrings!...that's right!...and i'm going to show you how to make 'em!...

 

now this is the same technique that i used for the flowers on my tutus...but we're going to make them much smaller...and only two layers instead of the three....but everything else is the same!....

first of all...i want you to know that nothing's wrong with your computers color...i did switch it up from the red to yellow...yeah...i'm crazy like that!...lol...anywho...let's get started!...

you're going to need...satin ribbon...bling...i used pearls...fabri tac...super glue...earring posts...earring backs...and a source of fire...

 
taking your satin ribbon...randomly cut circles...one larger than than other...now...you do want to cut another set pretty similar in size and shape...you'll kinda want the pair to match!...

 
hmmm...seems that i forgot to say you'll need some tweezers...well...you don't have to...but it makes things so much easier!...

 
now...take your flame...and go around all the edges...with it being satin...it'll curl up...but be careful...don't leave it there too long...or it will catch on fire!...trust me!...lol...repeat this step with your smaller circle...and your other set of circles...

 
take the fabri tac and place a small dot in the middle of your largest circle....

 
then place your small circle on top...hold for a bit...until you know it's stuck....

 
then...take some super glue...and place the tiniest dot on the back of your bling...a little bit goes a long way...and place it in the middle of your flower....

 
flip it over...and using the super glue again...put a dot on the the earring back...and place that on your flower...

 
repeat the steps of glueing the flower together and putting the earring back on....now you have a pair!...

 
now how pretty are they?...

 
for packaging 'em up...i used this cute gate image from freshly picked...cut it and the flowers at 3"....

 

then pop dotted that bad boy up!...i did punch holes in the vine cut and had it go completely through the card...that way...they can remove the earrings...without tearing up the card...i just plan to put a little bit of foam on the inside...so that it gives the earrings a cushion!...

 

19 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Very cute earrings and love the card too! TFS

Terry

Roni said...

You are so creative! I love this idea! So this is ribbon that you burned?

Christy said...

Those are so stinking cute, I can't stand it! I also would never let anyone remove them from their little fence holder. ;o) I'm storing this idea in my someday (soon) pile!! Thanks for sharing.

Audrey Frelx said...

Greenbean, those are cute-cute-cute!

Katherine Acevedo said...

Love it!!!! Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us. I can't wait to try it out and start making the cutest, simple and most perfect flowers I've ever seen! You are awesome!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

These turned out GREAT! Love the yellow! These are the only earrings I wear anymore!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow! Super cute! Great gift idea

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

OMGosh! That is the cutest card! I have made those flowers before but never thought of making earrings with them! So cute! :)
Ruthie :)

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Love these too! I just left a comment on your rocker onsie.

Seriously I would love if you linked up these too!

Just Another Day in Paradise

Cori @ MTS said...

So beautiful! Like always from you!
You're my first Inspiration feature from being back from my little hiatus.
Thanks for sharing! You're so creative, it's ridiculous :)

Cori, morethanscrap.blogspot.com

2 Ducky said...

You always have that little bit "extra" for everything. You can't just leave a cute card cute, you have to go above and beyond and make it fabulous!!! There is a cherry on top award over at my place if you so desire to grab it!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I featured these at my Christmas in July. Come and grab your "I was featured" button.

Just Another Day in Paradise

Sew Can Do said...

Saw this on Just Another Day in Paradise & this is such a cute idea - love the presentation!

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute! I love this. And to put them on the card, is genius. Great ideas and fabulous tute.
Visiting from New Friend Friday. :)

Cheryll said...

Thanks Carrie! You make it look sew easy! I love the earrings and the card. That little gate is just the cutest.

Raven B said...

This is one of the best things I've ever seen! WOW
Hugs,
Raven

scrapaholicjen said...

What a great idea - fabulous!

Jean said...

Just wanted to let you know that I made a version of these and some other ones as well that are on my blog. Wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Got2BCrafting said...

These are just too freaking adorable.. and look fairly simple to make too! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous idea. I always enjoy your posts on the CC MB, but I am definately going to be following your blog now.. you are so darn talented!
Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails